Relief from Judgment

Either party has a right to appeal a Municipal Court decision to the Walworth County Circuit Court, or may have a new trial in the Circuit Court.

If you decide to appeal, you must do so by filing a written Notice of Appeal (PDF) with the Municipal Court within 20 days of the date of your conviction (judgment).

You also have the right to file a written Motion to Re-Open (PDF) a judgment, within six months of your judgment only for good cause. There will be an additional cost ranging from $0 to $300 per Wisconsin State Statute 814.07. Your request must be accompanied by $25 in cash, check or money order. Should your request be denied, this amount will be refunded.