- City Clerk
- Elections & Voting
Elections & Voting
April 4, 2023: Spring Election
Advisory Referendum regarding Premier Resort Area Tax on April 4, 2023 Ballot
“To pay for street and infrastructure expenses and other eligible expenses as defined in Wis. Stats. §66.1113 (1) (a), with revenue from tourists and visitors, as well as residents, should the City of Lake Geneva impose a levy of 0.5% (½ cent on the dollar) sales tax on tourist related items sold, leased, or rented through tourist related retailers?”
Get more information on the Premier Resort Area Tax (PRAT):
- Lake Geneva Premier Resort Area Tax Flyer (PDF)
- WI DOR Publication 2500-Premier Resort Area Tax (PDF)
- WI DOR Publication-Certain Sellers Making Taxable Sales in a Premier Resort Area (PDF)
Important Absentee Ballot Information
- Track your ballot through MyVote
- Make sure your certificate envelope has your signature, your witness' signature, and your witness' address
- Return your ballot in one of the following ways:
- Mail it back. The United States Postal Service recommends mailing your completed ballot at least one week before Election Day
- Deliver it in person to the City Clerk's office at City Hall. (M-F 8:30am-5:00pm)
The use of drop boxes for absentee ballots has been deemed illegal, and is prohibited. Any absentee ballots found in City Hall drop boxes WILL NOT BE COUNTED.
Ballots must be received by 8:00 pm on Election Day in order to be counted. We strongly encourage all absentee voters to make a plan to return their ballots in a timely manner to avoid any possible issues.
If the City of Lake Geneva receives further information or guidance regarding this issue, we will update accordingly.
Election Day Reminder
- Voter Photo ID is required to receive a ballot.
- If you do not have a photo ID you may obtain a free ID for voting from the Division of Motor Vehicles.
- Find more information on Photo ID requirements with Bring it to the Ballot Wisconsin.
Mon Mar. 27 - Fri Mar. 31