Licensing & Permits
- Apply for a Business License and other common licenses with the General License Application (PDF)
- View the Supplement for Sidewalk Café and Creamery Permit Application (PDF)
Additional forms for Room Tax Permit Holders
- Room Tax Monthly Reporting Form (PDF)
- Room Tax Monthly Reporting Form - Marketplace Provider (PDF)
- Room Tax Annual Reporting Form (PDF)
- The Massage Establishment License (PDF) is required for any business which conducts Massage or manipulation
- The Taxi Cab Company License (PDF) is required for any company dropping off or picking up in the City of Lake Geneva
- The Taxi Cab Driver License (PDF) is required in order to drive a taxi in the City of Lake Geneva
- First Time Applicants will be required to be fingerprinted by the Lake Geneva Police Department
- The Carriage License (PDF) is required to operate any horse drawn carriage within the City limits
Alcohol & Tobacco Licenses
- View the Alcohol Retail Licenses Checklist (PDF)
- Additional forms are available at the Wisconsin Department of Revenue website.
- View the Operator "Bartender" License Application (PDF)
- This license application is required if you serve or sell alcoholic beverages. A list of approved courses can be obtained at the Wisconsin Department of Revenue website.
- View the Temporary Retailer's License and Supplemental Form (PDF)
- View the Temporary Operator License Application (PDF)
- This license can be issued for 1 to 14 days for those who are employed or donating services to non-profit corporations. There is a maximum of two licenses per year.
- View the Alcohol License Premises Extension Application (PDF)
- This is for any alcohol licensee wishing to amend the premises of their alcohol license during the license year.
- View the Cigarette / Tobacco License Application (PDF)
- This license is required for any cigarette or tobacco sales, including any vending machines.
Other Miscellaneous Licenses & Permits
- View the Direct Sellers Permit Application (PDF)
- This license is required for any door to door solicitations. It is important to remember the City does not allow business in City parks and you can not obstruct a public walkway. Business to business sales do not require a permit. It is important for residents to remember Direct Sellers are required to register with the City and must wear their City issued Permit when conducting business.
- View the Fireworks Permit Application (PDF)
- View the Recreational Fire Permit Request Form (PDF)
- This permit is required for any portable fire pit.
- View the Street Banner Permit Application (PDF)
- This permit is required to request use of the Downtown light poles for a banner display.
- View the Trapping Permit Application (PDF)
- This permit is required to trap wildlife in the City pursuant to Sec.54-34(12) of the Lake Geneva Municipal Code.
City of Lake Geneva License & Permit Fees
- View the Complete Listing of Fees (PDF) (Updated January 10, 2022)