- Parking Services Department
- Appeal a Parking Ticket
Appeal a Parking Ticket
How to File an Appeal
If you would like to file an appeal for a parking ticket, you may do so online at our Citizen Control portal and use the Dispute link. If you are disputing the ticket, please do not pay it. If your ticket is more than 30 days past the date of issue, this option will not be available to you.
For tickets more than 30 days old with proof of parking payment, you will have to mail or email your appeal. Download and fill the PDF Appeal Form below. The form provides information on various ways to submit the appeal to city hall. Emailed appeals will not be accepted without this form attached.
If you do not have internet access you may pick up a Parking Fine Appeal Form in the lobby of City Hall at 626 Geneva Street and submit it in person M-F 8:30am-5pm. Forms will also be available in the entrance vestibule at any time and may be placed in the drop box 24 hours a day.
- Please do not submit payment with the appeal, as no refunds will be issued
- Appeals submitted after 30 day of ticket issue date may not be accepted without proof of payment on date of citation
Access the Citizen Control portal to appeal or pay.
City of Lake Geneva
626 Geneva Street
Lake Geneva, WI 53147
View and download the Appeal Form (PDF).
Email Parking Services Department
City Hall Drop Box (located outside and in lobby)
You will be notified with a binding decision.
Common Reasons That Your Ticket Will Not Be Dismissed
- I do not agree with the parking regulation
- I was just there for a short time
- Lack of legal space
- Time constraints ("only a minute late")
- No one else got a ticket
- Didn't see sign
- Lack of convenient space
- I did not know I could not park there