Finance, License & Regulation Committee
- 4:30 pm
- The 1st and 3rd Tuesday of each month
- City Hall - Council Chambers
626 Geneva Street
Lake Geneva, WI 53147
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
The Finance, License, and Regulation Committee is a Standing Committee of the City of Lake Geneva and consists of five Aldermanic members appointed by the Mayor with Council approval. The Mayor appoints the Chairperson.
For a list of current members, see the Directory of Elected Representatives Boards and Commissions (PDF).
The Committee shall meet to discuss and make recommendations on the following or similar matters:
- City or utility financing for capital improvements, capital projects, and capital equipment financing or leasing
- Bond proceeds investing
- Financial forecasting
- Financing for housing development, economic development, or for tax increment financing
- Bond counsel for financing, refinancing, financial evaluation, or bond rating
- Receive and review the monthly obligations and payments for the City Council
- Cooperate with the City Administrator, Comptroller, City Treasurer, and others in preparation and review of the annual City budget
- Consider and recommend all purchases of labor, services, supplies, and materials exceeding $5,000 and all contracts made, except contracts pursuant to Wisconsin Statutes (WSA) Section 62.15(2). No contract nor purchase shall be recommended except where sufficient funds have been appropriated in the current budget to an official, department, board or commission or to a particular fund. All purchases shall be made on the basis of a written purchase order by the proper official department head, board or commission.
Regulatory & Licensing Duties:
- License applications, as required by statutes or ordinances
- Planning and policy setting for the abatement of nuisances
- Planning and policy setting on matters pertaining to licenses and permits
- Planning and policy setting on matters pertaining to orderly conduct