- 4 pm
- The 1st Monday of every month
- City Hall - Council Chambers
626 Geneva Street
Lake Geneva, WI 53147
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
The Personnel Committee is a Standing Committee of the City of Lake Geneva and consists of five aldermanic members appointed by the Mayor and approved by the Common Council. The Mayor selects the Chairperson of the committee.
For a list of current members, see the Directory of Elected Representatives Boards and Commissions (PDF).
The Personnel Committee performs the following duties:
- Serves as City's Personnel Committee and recommends the creation or elimination of job positions and the corresponding salary/wages and raises and position/departmental restructuring if related to the City's finances
- The Committee shall be responsible for negotiating all employment contracts or agreements between the City of Lake Geneva and its employees, excepting only those employees who are specifically governed by another City committee or commission.
- Conduct grievance hearings in matters related to the Public Works and Clerical Unions
- The Committee shall be responsible for all disciplinary matters involving grievances, prohibitive practice complaints, work rule violations, contract violations and other matters including discharge or separation for employment.
- The Committee shall be responsible for creating and recommending to the City Council job descriptions for all City employees (except police and fire), and such job descriptions shall be utilized when advertising for and evaluating potential new and current employees.
The Personnel Committee will interview all prospective full time City employees (excepting Police and Fire Department officers and employees) and make recommendations concerning employment to the City Council.