- 6 pm
- The 3rd Monday of each month
- City Hall - Council Chambers
626 Geneva Street
Lake Geneva, WI 53147
Meetings are also taped for viewing on Cable Channel 25. View archived meeting videos online.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
The Planning Commission consists of seven members. The membership shall include the Mayor, the President of the Park Board, one Alderman, and four citizens. The mayor shall preside as the Chairman. The members shall be appointed by the Mayor with the approval of the Common Council. The members shall serve three year terms, The terms of the citizen members shall be staggered so as to have approximately one-third of the members' terms expire each year.
For a list of current members, see the Directory of Elected Representatives Boards and Commissions (PDF).
The Plan Commission shall have the duties and powers as set forth in Wisconsin Statutes (WSA) Section 62.23(2), including:
- The Committee shall make and adopt a master plan for the physical development of the City, including any areas outside of its boundaries that in the Commission's judgment bear relation to the development of the City. The master plan shall meet the requirements in WSA, Section 62.23(2) through (3).
- The Commission may amend, extend or add to the master plan or carry any part or subject matter into greater detail.
- The Commission may make reports and recommendations relating to the plan and development of the City to City government and the citizens.
- The Commission may recommend programs for public improvements and the financing thereof.
- The Commission, its members and employees may enter upon any land, make examinations and surveys, and place and maintain necessary monuments and marks in the performance of its functions.
- In general, the Commission shall have such powers as may be necessary to enable it to perform its functions and promote municipal planning.
Matters Referred to the City Planning Commission
- The location and architectural design of any public building
- The location of any statue or memorial
- The location, acceptance, extension, alteration, vacation, abandonment, change of use, sale, acquisition of land for or lease of land for any street, alley or other public way, park, playground, airport, area for parking vehicles or other memorial or public grounds
- The location, extension, abandonment or authorization for any public utility whether publicly or privately owned
- All plats of lands in the City or within the territory over which the City is given platting jurisdiction by chapter 236
- The location, character and extent or acquisition, leasing or sale of lands for public or semi-public housing, slum clearance, relief of congestion, or vacation camps for children
- The amendment or repeal of any ordinance adopted pursuant to this section