What if I can’t pay the forfeiture by the due date?

If you are unable to pay the amount in full, you may request a payment plan or an extension of time to pay. Please explain in a letter to the Judge why you need the extension, how much time you need, and if you want to be put on a payment plan and how much you can afford to pay per week or month. Any requests for extensions must be made prior to the due date.

Show All Answers

1. What happens at my initial appearance?
2. What if I don’t appear for my initial appearance?
3. If I can’t make it to my court date, can I get a continuance?
4. What plea should I enter?
5. I missed my Court date and really wanted to appear. What now?
6. How can I pay my citation?
7. I didn't pay my fines and now I'm suspended. How do I get my license back?
8. Can I do community service to take care of my fines?
9. What will happen if I don’t pay my fine/forfeiture?
10. What if I can’t pay the forfeiture by the due date?
11. What if I have a probationary license?
12. How long will this traffic charge remain on my record?
13. How can I get my points reduced? Is there any schooling?
14. How long do I have to appeal the Judge’s decision?