How long do I have to appeal the Judge’s decision?

If you are found Guilty at trial, you have the right to appeal your case to the Circuit Court. All appeals must be filed in writing at the Municipal Court office within 20 days after a Guilty finding is entered. If you fail to meet this time limit, you forfeit your right to appeal. The appeal fee, forfeiture and costs must be posted upon filing the appeal. You have the right to a Jury Trial on appeal, upon payment of appropriate fees.

View the Notice of Appeal (PDF).

Show All Answers

1. What happens at my initial appearance?
2. What if I don’t appear for my initial appearance?
3. If I can’t make it to my court date, can I get a continuance?
4. What plea should I enter?
5. I missed my Court date and really wanted to appear. What now?
6. How can I pay my citation?
7. I didn't pay my fines and now I'm suspended. How do I get my license back?
8. Can I do community service to take care of my fines?
9. What will happen if I don’t pay my fine/forfeiture?
10. What if I can’t pay the forfeiture by the due date?
11. What if I have a probationary license?
12. How long will this traffic charge remain on my record?
13. How can I get my points reduced? Is there any schooling?
14. How long do I have to appeal the Judge’s decision?